Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peñablanco to Posada on the M5 (46.5km)

WHAT A DAY! Well, it starts out all calm with heavy mist showing its presence on the car and the bicycle. They are covered with huge drops and everything is wet. Looked liked it rained heavily. When I eventually leave the road continues where I had left off the previous day.  The undulation is beginning to turn out more like rolling hill hell. The mist makes it more of a misery as it continues its strangle hold on the terrain. Due to the moisture in the air my clothes did not get a chance to dry out and wet clothes  and wind just makes my journey more uncomfortable as the cold sets in. I stop to put on a third layer of clothing. It’s not the mist that's my concern but the wind - a stiff breeze hits me square in the face and continues to taunt me like a boxer feigning and jabbing as it spars with me.  There are more up hills than down hills at this point as wind continues.
My journey passes a wind farm believe it or not; it is then I realize hmmmm….. The wind will always be a constant here. I’m reduced to a paltry 7km/h and I’m doing my best . I eventually meet up with Curt and we have a bite to eat and hand in my gloves. I’m done for the day, lost the battle but not the war. Tomorrow will be another day.

3 comments:

  1. hi i am cold to the bone now ,just reading your story.nice pics and another of curt,whoopie. not long now fella's.vas byt...vancouver followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoo sounds nasty. Hope tomorrow is a better day. Pics are fabulous thanks. Arlette

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're looking forward to welcoming you home again, Guys. Well done; and thanks for allowing us to share your trip.
    Lotsa love
    Lucille & Kiran

    ReplyDelete